Update on #Friday Finds, how you can get involved and some other news about #Uppercase

Apologies that there is no Friday Finds this week due to the fact that I am human and had a holiday and simply haven't caught up with the hunt for victims. Would you like to be featured ?

I am looking for solo makers or teams of two with illustrative, design led businesses or people who paint for a living - whether that be on canvas or other surfaces. Have a look at some of the previous Friday Finds to get an idea of the questions and if you think your work fits then please email me at gabsbuckingham 'at' gmail 'dot' com placing 'FF submission' in the title. Please include your website address and say hello and I will take a look; if I think you fit what I am looking for then I will be in touch. Bear with!



© Gabriella Buckingham

Talking of submissions.... I've just had an exciting email from Janine Vangool the editor of Uppercase Magazine to let me know that my COLOUR submission for the next issue has been accepted :) The above image wasn't one I submitted (I think) but I considered it.. So thrilled to have been included in July's issue and can't wait for it to wing its way to me from Canada. It's the most quirky and interesting magazine for creative people there is so it's an honour to have been included.

I've had a busy week - one which reminded me again of the value of knowing which day it is and its corresponding date! Arriving home on a Monday from Spain and starting work on Tuesday threw me a little and it's time to stop holding all events in my head so that I don't miss them by a day. Enough said ;


© Gabriella Buckingham

Yesterday I started work on sketches for Lilla Rogers 'Nautical' Bootcamp this week - it's such a lovely subject... these were the first images I made, I've since done more and also sketched out a children's party invitation that I will create today ready for sale in my Moobaacluck.com shop next week. I'll be reopening my own site with a shop over the next few weeks with my favourite Moobaacluck items and new Gabriella Buckingham stationery. 

I've managed to complete all the hand painted orders I had for this week which allows me a day to create - as well as the usual chores that come with working at home. But I will do the minimum; the sun is shining so the washing it will be!


Comments

Popular Posts