Where did January go!?





© Gabriella Buckingham

This month has gone far too quickly for my liking ... but it's been a busy one. I have two new clients whose websites I am working on logos and illustrations for; Moobaacluck is ticking along and I've been strengthening my Ai. knowledge  as well as taking a Photoshop course. I have used Photoshop for years in a simple way, to generate all the artworks for my card range but only in the last year have I learned how to build repeat patterns with the offset tool for example. 

It was my birthday in January and I travelled by train from Norfolk with my family for a Duck Tour (among other things)- the one in the amphibious vehicle - which I can highly recommend - interesting and funny.

I have just finished the design above which I will be building a collection around for Surtex in New York this May. I might change some elements - certainly when it is small it looks very busy but the scale this piece is about 50cm wide in reality so it does work. It leaves me room to extract and simplify.

I am working hard on creating lots of new work  - mid May seems like a long way away in terms of days but when a new design like the one above can take a few days to do then it's coming up very fast! Fortunately I really do have a mix of styles so some take less time than others.

I hope that you've had a good January and avoided being ill - miraculously I have even though my nearest and dearest has been struck down by flu. I am so determined not to be ill. 

Later this week I am seeing top web designer Tia of Whoatemycrayons who is going to help me create a much better Illustration site and in the meantime I have client work, Moobaacluck orders to paint and my own logo to finalise.







Comments

Popular Posts