New Prints from Gabriella Buckingham

I had a really quiet spell last week, which turned out to be great for creativity as I designed these a few prints; I made five in all... I just have to tweak a photo or two before I show you the others. You can find them in my Etsy shop or my Notonthehighstreet shop - now and shortly!



I had a horrible incident with a camera lens last week. My husband lent me one of has a few months ago, it was one he never really used and I love it - it's much crisper than the soft one (which I took these with!).. anyway, on fiddling with the tripod with the camera still attached (DOH!) (you have to visualise a four pronged tripod here with one sticking out suspended at the front) to make the legs further apart I loosened it too much and the camera swung down smashing the lens into the central leg. One lens that is now completely useless! Such a daft thing to do.




I was mortified and went off for a walk with my daughter swearing her to secrecy until I'd decided what to do. Money can be an issue sometimes for two freelancers, and now is one of those times - it just felt appalling. After a fair bit of stewing and looking on the internet I came to my senses and told him what had happened and that I'd be buying another. He was lovely about it and helped me find a reliable retailer. All sorted, and it wasn't nearly as pricey as I'd imagined. I should have my new lens tomorrow. Can't wait :)!



Comments

Popular Posts